Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 In Review

1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?
Quite a few things - I got a new position within my company, designed and created a craft room. I did my best to let go of a really rough year.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I really made resolutions for 2012, because it's not really my style. My guess would be that if I did have any, I achieved about half.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

2012 was a big year for babies, particularly October. They were everywhere, and I don't want to list them because I might forget one and hurt feelings.
4. Did anyone close to you die?

No.

5. What countries did you visit?

None.

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you didn’t have in 2012?

Better financial, physical and organizational health. A chance at a real career that I love.

7. What dates from 2012 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
July 9th - I started my new position.

8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?

Getting that new position. I was in a place where I didn't know what I wanted to do and if I even wanted to stay with my company, and that job saved me. Also, graduating from therapy.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Not getting a better handle on my physical health. I found Zumba, which I love, but didn't really focus on using it as a tool to DO something.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Nope

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Hmmm. Probably the money we put into the craft room was the best money spent.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Dan's, always. I'm always thankful for his understanding and support.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

We had a lot of friend drama, especially early in the year. It upset us both very much

14. Where did most of your money go?

Bills, as always.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Going to see my friend in Illinois, and booking flights to visit my sister in Washington. Also, we recently took a big step toward financial freedom from debt and I'm really stoked about that.

16. What song will always remind you of 2011?

Red Line Chemistry's Unspoken. The lyric "how do you sleep at night?" makes me think of our friend drama

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?

Happier, about the same (maybe a tad heavier, shit), richers

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Spending time with friends, laughing.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Keeping to myself.

20. How did you spend Christmas?

My parents flew to Washington to be with my sister, but came home Christmas night. We had dinner with them and Dan's parents. We spent Christmas day being lazy and enjoying each other's company. I think it was perfect.

21. Did you fall in love in 2012?

Over and over again :)

22. What was your favorite TV program?

Pretty much anything reality related - Breaking Amish, Amish Mafia, Sister Wives, etc.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

As much as I hate the word 'hate'... kind of. We were pretty badly hurt by people we genuinely cared for. I don't hate them - I more feel sad that they apparently thought so poorly of us and went about things in such a pathetic manner.

24. What was the best book you read?

I read "Becoming Sister Wives" by the sister wives (duh), and found it fascinating. I really enjoyed it.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

None really, I mostly stuck to my favorites.

26. What did you want and get?

My craft room, mostly.

27. What did you want and not get?

A new fireplace

28. What was your favorite film of 2012?

Hunger Games.


29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 31. We went out for dinner. My parents also helped paint the living room.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

More time away with Dan

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2012?

Whatever's comfy. I dont' have much fashion sense.

32. What kept you sane?

My husband

33. What political issue stirred you the most?
I don't really do politics. I know what I like and what I don't. I guess gun control is probably the only thing I really talked about much, and even that wasn't much.

34. Who did you miss?

My sister.

35. Who was the best new person you met?

I met a lot of great ladies at PJs at TJ's that I can't wait to see again in February.

36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.

Even the people who seem to be the best of friends can hurt you. Deep, I know.

37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

I don't know. This question is ridiculous.


Erin and Laura both chose a word for their focus in 2012 and I like that idea. Mine is going to be Better. I want to end 2013 better than I started - in terms of health, finances, emotionally, and in my organization.

1 comment:

Dee Stephens said...

Been missing you. Like the update. Happy New Year!